We had so much fun during Christmas Eve! We spent the evening at my parents house. All 7 of us who live local were there (we missed you Shara and Adam)! And like I mentioned before it's crazy when we all get together, but it is so much fun!
My mom always prepares such a nice dinner and she also has such a fun Christmas Program prepared! She has costumes for the kids to act out the Christmas Story. All the little girls dress as the angels (we have so many), and this year Logan was Joseph and my darling niece Natalie was Mary. Logan wasn't too thrilled when my mom said, "Okay, Joseph-now take Mary by the hand and lead her to the stable!" (He later told me he just knew Megan would tell the kids at school he held a girls hand!)
It's our family tradition to do a reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas that has been specially tailored to fit our family. My sister Shara is a master at writing them, but this year she was far away in Nebraska. But right before I left for my parents she called me and told me she had written the poem and wanted me to read it to surprise everybody! So ONLY because I love my sister so much--and she wanted to see this-- and she's so talented when it comes to writing and rhyming (I still don't know how you fit in EVERYONE's name) --am I going to subject myself to being seen on video!
And if you don't belong to our family, you probably won't enjoy this!
We always sing (of course we do, we are Kathy's children) and the cousins exchange their presents. This year I don't think anyone was more excited to open presents than Janie! This year my mom made each child their own blanket and has written each one their own song! She's so amazing!
We always sing (of course we do, we are Kathy's children) and the cousins exchange their presents. This year I don't think anyone was more excited to open presents than Janie! This year my mom made each child their own blanket and has written each one their own song! She's so amazing!
And I can't forget to mention my fabulous sister-in-law Damaris who made me STARKLES! And they even came in a red striped box!!
(Side note: Starkles are like Turtle candies that we used to eat growing up at Christmas Time, they don't make them anymore)
And of course we ended the night by opening some new PJ's. Chloe wasn't being too cooperative, so that is why she's holding the carrot meant for Santa's reindeer!
2 comments:
Lani - You are so sweet to have it filmed. Thank you for thinking of me. I cried watching everyone there. I really missed not being there. It's funny, that I've missed the past few years, but I felt better knowing that I'd be up the following week for New Years. It's just not the same being far away (as you know). Thanks for keeping me in touch!!!
I loved that night! Nice box (It is mine now! THANKS!) The nativiy is fun, and grandma's house!
Post a Comment