Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Wheel Time!

I thought you might all be interested in my children's nightly ritual (and their dad's when he isn't busy being the bishop!) Every night at 7:30 they gather around the TV to watch the wheel spin round and round. That's right, they are addicted to Wheel of Fortune. I don't think it's necessarily their love for solving puzzles that keeps them tuned in, it's the anticipation of our family winning big!


Let me elaborate... over Christmas vacation the Norris Family became members of the Wheel Watchers Club. For those of you who aren't Wheel fans, if you are a member of the "Club"
you have the chance to watch at home and win a trip or cash during the prize puzzle, along with the contestant on TV. After the contestant guesses the puzzle, they are told what the prize is, usually a trip to somewhere related to the puzzle. Like if the puzzle was "Islands in the Stream" the prize would probably be a trip to Hawaii! Then they announce a Club members ID number, who is watching at home, and they also win the prize too. So like I was saying my fabulous husband signed us up as official Club members. So whenever the prize puzzle is on, my children all congregate in front of the TV. Then they wait for the ID numbers to appear. Ours starts with JN and so they chant JN-JN-JN. And then sadly leave after the ID numbers is announced BF-1234. But like all kids they bounce back quickly and each night they return with a new hope that the ID number is going to be ours. Oh to have their faith. I still don't have the heart to tell them that even if they say JN the numbers that follow it have to match our club ID numbers too.
Anyway here are my little Wheel Watchers-keeping the hope alive!

Side note: Just a cute picture of three of my little chickadees! I got them all brand new pj's, clearanced at Target. Don't you just love a good clearance sell!!

4 comments:

Marlo said...

Oh now that is hillarious! brianne saw me watching wheel last night in my room, and she thought she could figure out the puzzle, I told her maybe during the summer I would let her stay up til 8 so she can watch wheel of fortune. (she says, "the norris kids are so lucky")

Jamie said...

Good luck! I hope you guys win a trip to Hawaii. I also love a good clearance sale and get a lot of my kids' clothes on clearance.

Shane's Angie said...

I love it Lani! What a fun family memory that will be...you know they are going to talk about that in years to come!

Anonymous said...

I always want it to be us because we can win a trip or a new car. I love Wheel A Fortune. This is from Madeline.