On Friday I unfortunately experienced a little bit of car trauma. As I was loading up my groceries from the store I heard a very loud hissing noise. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I looked at the side of my car tire, saw a huge piece of black rubber next to it, and noticed my tire was getting smaller and smaller. It was totally flat in just a few minutes and I still have no idea how it happened. Lucky for me it was my friend Marlo to the rescue! She came and picked me and the girls up! Then I let Jared just deal with it. So I guess it wasn't actually too much trauma for me. But do you see the huge chunk of missing tire on the left hand side? What's really sad is that while I should have been trying to figure out a way to solve the problem, all I kept thinking was "when I post this, what should be my title?"
Later on that day I told Jared that it was actually a blessing in disguise that the tire popped in the parking lot because Saturday morning I drove a bunch of ladies down to Los Angeles for the Stake Relief Society Temple Day. I don't even want to think of what would have happened if I would have had that happen on the 405. But we all made it their safely and returned home safely!
8 comments:
I know how you feel. I just most moments in my life on a "bloggability" scale. 1-10. Ten being a great outing or trip, and the zit on my forhead being a 1. (I don't often like to report my ugliness issues...) Anyway, I'm very happy that you were safe despite the blown tire. Hurry back here and I'll be the one coming to save the day! (But we are glad there are "Marlo's" out there to save you now!
Hey lani, so did you have your camera with you that day of the flat tire? So glad it all turned out alright. Looks like Logan had a fun time at the lakers game (can't believe I didn't hear all about it from Logan in class on Sunday)
glad to know everyone was okay. Definately a blessing in disguise. So fun for Logan and Jared to take in a basketball game.
Damaris
OH, Lani your hilarious "what should my title be?" I laughed out loud. I'm glad Marlo saved you and the girls she is a good friend.
I love that you were thinking what your title should be for your blog. Sometimes I lay awake at night dreaming up ideas for my blog and great titles for them. It's sick and wrong, I know, but what else is a homebound mom supposed to do to keep her from going crazy? Not enough adult interaction can do crazy things to a person...
By the way, I thought the title was quite appropriate and very well thought out. ;)
Way to look on the positive side of things. That tire looks nasty!
Dad you never had taken us on a fun thing yet. you need to hurry up. FUN! This is from Madeline.
Post a Comment