Friday, March 7, 2008

Who Let the Dogs Out?

We've had such nice weather lately (those of you inflicted with snow, I'm not trying to rub it in-I promise) that the kids have been having so much fun outside. I took Chloe out for a walk around the cul de sac and decided to film the kids racing. The kids in the court love to race down the street. But this was just too funny (well to me anyway) I just had to share!

Now anybody who knows my kids, knows that they are just a teensy, weensy afraid of dogs. Hmm.., I wonder where they get that from? But the girls wanted to race and the following is what transpired. (The first video might look like it won't load, but it will.)



Too funny! Anyway if you notice in the first video, Megan totally takes off at the very beginning and I'm too busy filming that I don't even realize she's run away and is terrified of something. I know, Mother of the year. Maddie is completely unaware that the dog is behind her, she just keeps looking in Meg's direction and wondering what her problem is (and why she has jumped up on the electrical thingy) and Janie's just crying.
Usually the kids aren't too afraid of the dogs in the cul de sac, but our neighbors just got a new puppy, Harley. The little boy in the video is Aiden and it's his dog. He was probably wondering what the heck are the kids so worried about?

7 comments:

Marlo said...

Oh that was hillarious! poor girls... they must have been terrified after the dog episode at our house last week.

Leavitt Family said...

Okay so I thoroughly enjoyed that! I would have done the exact same thing taping my kids running and screaming! Lani you are the best and don't you forget it!!!

Shane's Angie said...

Lani Dawn, I laughed so hard! Sorry for poor Megan, but in that first video I saw that she was up on that thing and I split a gut! The best part was hearing you laugh. I would have done the same thing! Remember: pie then trouble!

Jamie said...

That was so funny. I can't believe Megan climbed up on the electrical thing. That was the funniest part to me. It's moments like that that make motherhood so enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

LOL That was the best!! I have tears in my eyes from laughing. I thought it was so funny that you poor Megan is standing on top of the electrical box and you still filming and laughing. Oh, it's SO something I would do too!

Anonymous said...

What great videos. Mom & I loved the video about "Who Let the Dogs Out?" Megan looks like she could have stood on that electrical post all day - or at least until the dog got far enough away.

Grandpa & Grandma Sullivan

Maddie said...

I do liek Harley then, and why do you always let Janie win! NOT ANYMORE! HA! Sorry!