Sunday, March 2, 2008

Swiss Family Norris

Today Jared came home earlier than usual and I got a nap. 2 1/2 hours!! I do have a great husband! While I napped the kids watched one of the videos we let them watch on Sunday, Swiss Family Robinson. I added it to our Sunday video list because when they reach land after their shipwreck they offer a prayer of thanks, so I decided it counts! I also added Pollyanna because of her glad game and the happy texts!
After my nap the kids were begging me to let them play outside. But on Sundays we don't let them play out in the front and I didn't want them in the back because we've been having issues with our back fence and the scary aggressive dog that likes to try and knock our fence down.
ANYWAY, Jared thought the dog wouldn't get loose and said that they'd be okay to play. They were all thrilled to be playing outside. I went to check on them and they informed me that they were playing "Swiss Family Norris."
So sorry for the super long post, just to explain one picture. But I had to post it. It's a rarity for them to all be playing together without any fights!


5 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

What a priceless picture! It reminds me of the pictures we have of your family all together at the mink farm! By the way, if you think that was a long post...I can't imagine what you think of mine! Love ya! Remember...the secret...

Jamie said...

How cute! I understand how priceless it is when everyone is playing nice. It is definitely a picture worthy moment. However, even more exciting is the fact that you got a 2 1/2 hour nap! That is truly priceless...especially with a little baby & four other kids to attend to. Way to go Jared!

Anonymous said...

LOL I love Megan's little face. It's so typical of her. LOL It is nice when kids can play with out fighting. And the nap, sounded great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've read about Oprah's secret in both yours and Angie's blog. What is it? Jealous of the play outside weather. We do play outside, but not without major bundling up first and taking a sled. We hoping you get that house sold (we're also still hoping you'll consider Idaho, forget what I said about the weather. It's lovely here:). Melanie

Maddie said...

I know! It WAS my secret, and then you spilled the beans! DONUTS! YUMMY!