We really lucked out though because when we got there, the library was doing a signed Easter egg hunt for kids. They had 14 wooden eggs that had been signed by a few actors and politicians like George Bush, Dick Cheney, John McCain, Nancy Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and some others hidden throughout all the displays. Each kid had a clipboard with questions on it and they had to try and find the eggs hidden throughout the library. The kids had a blast doing it and it pretty much kept them entertained. Can you find the egg hidden below?
One of the best things to see there is AirForce One. They retired it 3 days before September 11th. The tour guide told us it was one thing that President Reagan thought should be available for the public to view. It was pretty neat to walk through. They re-designed it to look just like it did in the 80's. You couldn't take pictures on board, but here we are in front of it!
Of course Logan couldn't believe that Reagan was a cowboy and that he actually had a gun with the presidential seal on it (it was so tiny I have no idea how he saw that, the kid just cracks me up!)
And we couldn't leave the library without getting our hands on some Jelly Bellies! They are all throughout the library (Reagan had them everywhere throughout the White House. He used to smoke and used the jelly bellies to help him quit! )
So that's the recap of our trip to the Reagan library. We really did have a lot of fun and I was glad to have the kids see a little bit of American History.
Just a few parting shots with the kids and the Gipper!
5 comments:
Lani, I would have loved that trip! I get fascinated by history and I really appreciate the little "mini-trip" you took me on today! I can't wait to show your blog to my girlsl. By the way, I love the pictures at the end...how cool is that?
Wow, that trip looks great. I would have been fascinated by the history and Adam would have to entertain the kids. I saw the outside of Air Force One when it was parked at the Idaho Falls airport because the president was in Jackson or something.
It was neat to see the pictures from your trip, now I know what maddie and logan were talking about on Sunday.
That sounds like lots of fun! You could do a commercial for the museum. I wish we lived closer so that we could go to it!
That was a fun trip. This is from Madeline.
Post a Comment