Thursday, June 28, 2012

Our Getaway-Down in Dixie

A few weeks ago we took off for a few days.
Down to Southern Utah.

We've started a  little tradition over here.
For the past four years we've tried to head down to Tuacahn in Saint George.
We aim for June, so it's not too hot.
And this year our timing was great!
We had THE BEST weather!

This year our little family split up and hit different plays.
The first night, Jared took Logan and Chloe to see Aladdin.  

I was SUPER excited for Chloe.  She had never been with us before and I just knew she was going to LOVE the show.  
I-WAS-WRONG.  Jared said she liked her frozen lemonade and I was pretty sure she might fall asleep (she did), but I thought for sure she would love seeing Jasmine!
All week I kept telling her she was going to see the real Jasmine,  but during the show she told Jared that this wasn't the real Jasmine.  The real Jasmine was on TV!

The next morning I asked her what her favorite part was.  "Um... nothing."  Oh well.  What did I expect from a sassy four year old!
Post note:  Chloe just saw this post and started telling me about how much she LOVED the show! And that her favorite part was when Aladdin and Jasmine met.  Go figure.  I guess she just needed a few weeks to let it really sink in about how much she did love it.

The next day I took the three older girls to Hairspray!
THEY of course loved it!  So did I.
My older sister and her three oldest girls came with us too!
SO much fun.  





Vacations are always funner when cousins come along.
Especially the shopping!
We had to snap a quick picture at the outlet mall.


When we weren't shopping, at plays, or eating.  We were swimming!








   
And when the kids weren't shopping, at a play, eating, or swimming they were here.
Since we don't have TV at home, the kids were glued to it.

Seriously, I don't know what the kids loved most:  
All the fun things we did or the fact that they were able to watch 'Good Luck Charlie Season 3!'


We had such a fabulous time.
Lots of fun memories made.
It was just what we needed.
Time away does wonders for the soul!!

5 comments:

Maddie said...

St. George this year was the best vacation ever! I loved Hairspray, the hotel room, swimming, but not so much of shopping.....

~Maddie

Meg said...

Mom St. George was amazing

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourselves. What a fun tradition! And I have to agree that Good Luck Charlie is like, the best show ever! Fun!

Keith said...

Good times! Miss you guys.

SaraDee said...

Where are you? You are in the clouds and WE are in a basement!

I would love to talk with you. Email me 'cause I have no way of contacting you directly, wrong phone number, no email address, I don't think I even have your correct home address.

asaradeeoriginal@gmail.com