Janie did a butterfly project with her class.
Madeline did an experiment about cleaning up oil spills.
And Megan made a model of the solar system.
Out of all the girls, Megan was the MOST excited for the science fair.
She had chosen to have her project be judged (at their school you can choose if you want your project to be judged or not.)
Her project was called, "Out of This World!"
She worked SO hard on her report and on her model.
With only a little, very little, help from mom and dad.
She did a WONDERFUL job and ended up winning one of the FIRST PLACE ribbons!
Can you tell she's excited?
A week later the first place winners went on to compete at the District Science Fair Competition.
It was CRAZY! The entire high school cafeteria was filled with 300 science projects by fifth and sixth graders from all around the district.
It was a LONG night. Megan had to sit by her project for over 2 hours while the judges walked by and asked questions about her project.
No parents are allowed into the judging area and at first I was a little nervous (hello! she's only in fifth grade!), but then I realized it was Megan in there. My Miss Independent, Miss Social, Miss Unintimidated girl.
And the worries fled as soon as they came.
She didn't win anything at district, but it was a great experience for her to have.
I'm glad she took the initiative to be judged and went for it.
CONGRATULATIONS Miss Megan!
I hope you always reach for the stars!
2 comments:
Megan, you did an AWESOME job! I am proud of you!
~Maddie
Hey Megan!!! Way to go!! You ROCK smarty pants! I love that you are so confident and gutsy. Your science project looks awesome. I can tell you put alot of time and effort into it. Love ya tons!
Love
Aunt Alisa
Post a Comment