On Friday,
this little girl had her birthday.
Our Janie is now officially SEVEN!
Our new seven year old had been WAITING AND WAITING and WAITING for her birthday to arrive.
Everyday I'd hear the countdown:
"Mom, only 7 more days till by birthday."
"Mom, in 6 days it's my birthday!"
"Mom, do you know how many day until my birthday? Because I Do!"
"Mom, tomorrow it will be Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, then Thursday, and then MY BIRTHDAY!"
All day long, morning and night, before school and after school, until FINALLY her big day arrived!
She had her birthday breakfast. On the menu: pancakes, bacon, eggs, and chocolate milk.
After only 2 bites it was onto the presents.
She got exactly what she wanted.
A few DS games, Legos, and her 'snorkels'.
Modeling her snorkel gear.
STILL making me laugh!
Big sister Madeline was so sweet this year.
She got her a singing card ( it sings 'Fabulous' from High School Musical 2-Janie's FAVORITE), candy, and a coupon for either a massage or good for Madeline doing one of Janie's jobs.
The birthday girl didn't want a big party. All she wanted was to hang out with the family at Trafalga (laser tag is her new favorite) and have a movie night. (Didn't get any pictures of those activities-trying to live IN the moment!)
Overall, I think she had a fun day and felt special.
Which is my goal on each of my children's birthdays. I want them to feel loved and special and so important.
SEVEN YEARS with this cute girl!
How did we get so lucky?
(February 2005)
(April 2005)
(May 2005)
(with Grandma Sullivan, July 2005)
(Spring 2006)
(October 2006)
(April 2008)
(6th Birthday, February 2011)
Happy Birthday my Janie Girl!
I guess it's time to start another countdown. . . . . only 360 days until your eighth birthday,
just try not to grow up too fast, okay?


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Janie. Love her smile:) and snorkels!
Happy 7th Birthday Janie! I know it is late, but I love you and you have amazing talents!
~Maddie
Post a Comment