Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our little lady at 8 months old.

EIGHT months!  (FYI to myself: She'll be nine months in a week!)
Oh!  We can't get enough of our sweet, but serious girl.


A little 8 month update:
  • She is SPEAKING!   Three words to be exact: dada, mama, & nana.   In full disclosure I will admit that dada was spoken before mama. 
  • CRAWLING!??  umm.... I'm going to go with YES, but this baby has her own unique style:                               crawl, crawl, bum in the air, collapse and repeat.  crawl, crawl, bum in the air, collapse and repeat until you get to your desired destination.
  • She has discovered DVD's!  And yes, I am a mother that doesn't feel bad about having my baby watch a half hour of something.  She likes our Dancing Bear video, but she'll sit through ALL 25 minutes of Mickey Mouse Beach Sing-a- Long.  It's heaven-I'm not gonna lie.
  • She STANDS!  All the kids (especially Megan) were obsessed with trying to have her stand alone and not holding on to anything.  Poor little thing had no choice, but  learn how to do it.  Her personal best:  about 55 seconds (give or take a few).
  • She has a love affair with food.  She LOVES to eat.  I've never had a baby who liked eating so much.  She growls when her food comes and it still cracks me up.
  • She is now the proud owner of 4 teeth.  The top 2 just came in.  
  • Which means she's starting to look older and more grown up and why can't they just stay little forever?

4 comments:

Keith said...

So, so cute! Loved reading your post. See you guys this summer!

Meinhart family said...

So precious! And you crack me up! Love to all.

Meinhart family said...

Bella wanted to say, "Lexi, I love you. You were cute when you were a baby."

Maddie said...

Lexi, you spoiled, cute girl!! I love you and I hope you know that!

~Maddie