Back to School already! Wow THIS summer just flew by! I was completely taken back when the week before school it dawned on me that I only had 6 days before the first day of school!
*The first day of school , August 20th, also happened to be my birthday. Three years in a row I've go to claim the birthday gift of sending them off!
I can now officially be called thirty-something. Still trying to figure out if I like that or not! Does 31 seem old? It doesn't to me., but I remember thinking how OLD people seemed when I was younger and now I realize they were only my age!
And here's a little fun fact! My mom had her ninth and last baby at 31! I know-she's amazing!
Anyway, back to my kids--Don't they look adorable! They were all SO excited! The night before we got out the paper, pencils, crayons, colored pencils, folders, scissors, pencil sharpeners, etc... It was so fun watching them organize their piles (under Madeline's direction of course!)
This year I decided to cut a few apron strings and let the kids pick out their own first day of school outfits. It was a little tough for me, but I knew eventually it had to happen!
Also, this year I signed the kids up to be AM students which means instead of going to school at 9:15 they start at 8:00. We're already one month into school and it's been awesome! I love sending them off so early!!
Megan started 3rd grade and although she keeps saying she doesn't like school, I think she secretly does! If we could just eliminate ALL reading I think she'd be happy! She is such a good reader-she just doesn't enjoy it. Now that's a mystery that needs to be solved. It's not in her genes-that's for sure!
This year she has a great teacher who made home visits to ALL of her students so that she could get to know them and their families better!
Maddie is in the 4th grade this year. The whole way to school Madeline kept saying, "I can't believe this is happening!" She is my one child who LIVES for school. Nothing is more exciting to her than getting into class, writing in her notebook, and getting a homework assignment! In fact that morning I had to tell her that I didn't want her to get to disappointed if the teacher didn't give them a homework assignment because on the first day most teachers don't. She just looked at me and stared!
Logan is a 5th grader this year! I still can't believe that in 2 years he'll be in Junior High! I'm just not thinking about it! This year they are studying American History!! It's finally happening-his dream subject (he did tell me he wished they would just focus on Frontier History. I told him he can't have everything!) I think his history teacher was a little surprised at how much history he does know. He asked him to hold off on answering some of the questions to give the other kids a chance!
8 comments:
I just love school! My favorite subject is MATH! I love homework. I just love School!
Oh I'm lovin reading your updates Lani, I wouldn't have even noticed them except they were on my blogs dashboard. I really love Maddie's comment, so glad she loves school!!! Now Megan and Logan look like they have grown so much wow!!! and I just love that last picture, that is so hillarious, how does Janie feel about that?!! Glad Logan finally has his dream class!
ps yes that would be the best Bday gift is sending the kids back to school!!!!!!!! love it!
Your kids crack me up!! Maddie reminds me of Shara a bit with how much she loves school. I remember Shara would smell her new college books and I always thought she was crazy. Janie and Chloe look totally frieked out in the last pic-love it. Janie looks like she is thinking....Mom where the @#** are you taking us!!!
Lani I love reading your blog! Great pics...I was laughing out loud when I saw the pic of the little ones in the car:) Miss you guys.
You'll be happy to know that I'm almost done with the Twilight series.
Back to school is good times for all, especially parents. I love the "morning hair" on Janie and Chloe-hilarious. I love that Logan is fulfilling a lifelong dream of studying US history. I would love to see him in class raising his hand to answer every question--go Logan! Speaking of dreams, if all children loved school like Madeline life would be dream indeed. All I can say for Megan is that she will rule the school!!
We hope Logan, Maddie and Megan have a great year in school. The pictures were great of everyone.
a) loved the idea of holding up the fingers for the grade. So very clever.
b) ADORED the picture of the groggy gals. Poor Eves is shoved into a stroller from her comfy bed every first day of school too!
Post a Comment