Friday, September 4, 2009

Soccer Stars!

The girl's soccer games started last month. They are on the gold team this year and named themselves the Shooting Stars! They have a great coach this year who just happens to be their dad! I just love how Jared has made time out of his already hectic schedule to be involved with the kids.
Madeline scored her FIRST goal during the first game of the season! After she kicked it in she jumped about 10 feet in the air! She also has ventured into the world of goalie and is really great at it! She is really aggressive and has no reservations about grabbing the ball!
Megan had a great first game too! She is so good at getting in there and getting the ball. She also loves to be the one to throw it in when it goes out of bounds or being the one to kick it in! Of course she likes making friends on the field too. She can usually be seen out on the field chatting with someone!
(Unfortunately, Megan only got to play one game and you can find out why here!)







4 comments:

Keith said...

I love that opening picture--totally cool. I can't wait to watch the girls play for BYU! I would so love to be around to watch them play. Congrats to Madeline on her goal--awesome!!

Marlo said...

great pix! and how awesome that Jared is coaching them! Way to go girls... bet megan's been a great cheerleader on the sidelines.

Shane's Angie said...

First of all, huge kudos to you and Jared for being the "coaches"! That's a pretty intense job! Also, your ability to take amazing pictures still wow's me Lani! Those soccer pictures are so cool! Tell the girls "way to go!" from Aunt Angie!

Maddie said...

I liked that soccer team with Megan, even though now I say I don't want her on my team next year. This year, my cousin, Nat is on my team! I remember all the girls wanting to have their hand on the top when we said our team name!