Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend!

I so enjoyed watching General Conference this past weekend!  
(If you aren't a member of the LDS church and have no idea what I'm talking about, you can click here and then click on General Conference to feel a little more in the loop or you can click on the button that says This I Know right there on the side of my blog.) 

It's always exciting when there is a new call to the Twelve and I think the call of our newest Apostle was very inspired. During the Saturday in between session break, Elder Andersen answered questions from the press and it was fun learning more about him.  
I always feel such a great spirit in my home during conference and lately I have just loved Elder Holland's talks.  They are so powerful and his talk this conference was no exception.  It's one of my most favorite of all the talks he's given.
He gave so many insights into Christ's final hours.  It'll be so great to ponder on those this Easter week.  If you missed it be sure to watch or read it before Easter!  

While looking through my past posts, I found this from October Conference.  I'd totally forgotten to post it, so I figured now would be as good as time as any.  I think it struck me so funny because we had just moved from California and I wasn't used to seeing commercials like this on TV.  They're more than a little cheesy, but they gave me a good laugh!   



5 comments:

Marlo said...

Yes, I think Elder Hollands talk touched everyone who heard it, it was incredibly powerful and thought provoking! I need to rewatch conference, I had the flu and so I was not fully in tune. oh that is a hillarious commercial-- only in Utah.

DOLLCASA said...

Isn't Conference Weekend the best! I can't wait until October. Elder Holland's talk was great. I think I will try to print it up and read it. I also loved the commercials. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

I agree wholeheartedly that conference was absolutely amazing & inspiring. It is such a blessing to be able to hear from our living apostles & beloved prophet & to bring the strength of their testimonies right into our homes. What a blessed time to be alive!

jenwheezer said...

Those commercials are so funny! Boy, did they give me a good laugh!

Maddie said...

WHAT?