Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fabulous Friends, Family Fun, and Fantastic New Adventures!

The past few weeks have been full of fabulous friends, family fun, and fantastic new adventures!
FABULOUS FRIENDS!
Last week one of my most favorite friends Marlo stopped by to see me!  She had been in town giving her sister a baby shower and decided to come and say Hi!   I was so excited to see her!!  Although I'm beginning to adjust to life here in Utah a little more each day, I REALLY MISS all my Bakersfield Buddies. It was so fun to sit and visit with her. Visiting with Marlo was just like the old days! We sat and talked for hours!! (That's kind of our thing, we talk so much we lose track of time!)  I was finally able to see her new little guy Jace.  He is one cute, solid kid!
 And it was fun to see Janie and Marlo's little boy Kyler playing together again. Marlo is one of those people who will always be a treasured and fabulous friend!   Thanks for stopping by!

FAMILY FUN
My mom had one of her fun filled FHE's the other night!  She always has a yummy dinner and a great lesson planned.  (Ang, I stole this picture off your bog, hope you don't mind--I have to remember to take my camera to all these family things!)
The kids have sooo much fun just playing and hanging out together, but I think we adults have even more fun!  And, there is always, ALWAYS singing!  It's kind of a Sullivan thing!   I just sat there watching my brothers tease my dad, seeing the kids dancing around, and just relished the moment.  
We also have had a few birthday parties on Jared's side of the family and we had everybody over the other night for dinner.  The kids were so excited when Grandma got a Wii for her birthday!
It's all that crazy family stuff we moved home for and those moments are so worth any hard times that have come our way this past year! 

FANTASTIC NEW ADVENTURES
So, even though it's STILL snowing, Spring has officially arrived and apparently at our house this year Spring means Sports!! 
Maddie and Megan started their soccer season last week! They are on the same team (YEA!!) and have already had so much fun playing in their first two games.
I did have a slight panic attack when Megan was put in as Goalie, but she did an awesome job and had a couple of great stops!
Maddie has great ball control and has already taken the ball up the field a couple of times! 

 Logan had baseball tryouts last Saturday and did really well!  He can't wait for the season to start!!  
Luckily his games and the girls games will only overlap for a few weeks----I'm thinking it's going to be a very busy couple of months!

6 comments:

Keith said...

wow! I'm the first commenter--woo hoo. That's an accomplishment on such a poplular blog. You do an awesome job Lani. I wish we were around to sing and go to the kids games. Looks like fun!

Marlo said...

Hey Lani still hard to believe I was there last week... EVERYONE REALLY MISSES YOU LOTS, Bakersfield hasn't been the same since you left!! So glad you guys get to have so much fun with your families. How fun that the kids are in sports, looks like they are really enjoying it!!

Shane's Angie said...

The kids look so cute in their sports uniforms! So fun!

DOLLCASA said...

Lani I am so glad you were able to see Marlo. I am so glad you are able to do such fun things there in Utah and with your family. I am excited for Maddie, Megan and Logan and the sports they are playing. You will have to keep us updated on how their teams are doing.

Maddie said...

I missed seeing Marlo and her kids. I LOVE playing soccer. So, fun! Logan, doing great on baseball. Fun Family Home Evening.

Jamie said...

It sounds like you guys have been keeping busy. I was always enrolled in sports as a kid instead of dance or other "girl" activities & I loved it. It is a great way to develop coordination & confidence. How fun!