Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Super Stars!

I know that every mom thinks that her kids are the cutest and the smartest, but I know mine are and here's the proof! The other day after school Megan got into the car holding a green ribbon and told me she was one of the winner's in the Reflections contest. What you entered a contest? She said the teachers made all the second graders enter the writing portion of the contest. She wrote the cutest story about our family reunion at Bear Lake. The school had to keep it so I don't have it here to post, but take my word for it-it was a fabulous story!


Maddie was Student of the Month for December. She was so excited to come home and show me her certificate. She got to eat lunch with the principal and they ordered Subway-apparently that is just too awesome for a third grader! It never surprises me when Maddie is picked-every teacher she has ever had just adores her. I have to agree that she every teacher's dream student!

And I had to add these last two pictures because Maddie and Megan have starting matching themselves. All those days of me putting them in matching clothes have rubbed off on them! They have been coordinating their outfits lately all on their own.

9 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Way to go ladies! I really want to hear that Bear Lake Story!

Marlo said...

congrats megan and Maddie, that is Awesome!!! you both look very cute too!! Lani, love all the new pictures!!

Meinhart family said...

Megan and Maddie are out of this world! They look so pleased with their accomplishments...and rightfully so!

jenwheezer said...

I'm so glad that your children are doing wonderful. Isn't it nice when they just adjust to a new place?

Anonymous said...

Lani!
Where the crud did you get your CUTE background??? There's an owl on it!!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lani!
I'm so glad you found me! It's good to hear from you, and to see your cute family. I can't believe you have 5 kids already! Guess I got a late start! :) I'm excited to check-in on your blog and see what you're up to!
-janel

Anonymous said...

GREAT job girls. Congrats!!!! Your are the smartest and cutest!!! ;)

Keith said...

hey, this is Claire you guys are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your awards my dad said we might go out in the summer!!See you soon.
Love,
Claire

Maddie said...

I kind of remember that day! I remember having a sub sandwich with Mr. Finch.