Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change

I have to say that although I'm not the biggest Obama fan, today was definitely a historic and somewhat exciting day. Change always seems to have a little element of excitement in it though-don't you think!

As I was driving the kids to school today I asked them if they knew what today was all about. I was surprised at how much they knew and was a little taken back by some of their responses. But I just told them that although mommy doesn't agree with a lot that Obama does (of course I hope that he will do great things) that the President of the United States should always be given proper respect (something some people should have kept in mind the past 4 years!)

As I was watching the inauguration I found myself enjoying most of President Obama's speech and hope that those things can really be accomplished. Today I feel very proud to live in a country that is all about freedom! Although I secretly still wish that Mitt Romney were up there- I am optimistically looking forward into the future of America. And I do have to say I thought the new first lady looked really quite smashing!



I've always loved quotes and here are just a few that I found today that I liked!
"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies." ~Author Unknown
"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."~Mary Engelbreit
"Change always comes bearing gifts." ~Price Pritchett

A few more things before I go:
Katherine: make sure you show this post to your dad!
Emma: make sure your dad knows that I still am a talk radio junkie!
and Jen: I was thinking about you today and wanted to give you a great big high 5!

7 comments:

camille said...

I feel the same way Lani! Especially about people remembering that the president deserves respect (the last 4+ years..). Miss you!

Meinhart family said...

Well said!

jenwheezer said...

Thank you Lani for the high 5. It was a very proud day for me! I too am so looking forward to change! I proudly wore my Obama tshirt yesterday, even though it is short sleve and I froze all day!

Marlo said...

Thanks Lani, I couldn't believe I missed the inauguration yesterday, the TV was on Nick JR (yeah we finally have satallite) and at about noon when I was on the computer totally realized I missed it... so I had to watch CNN last night to see what I missed. the kids even knew more than I did, cause they watched it at school. It is exciting, and I'm glad most people are opptimistic and hopefully there will be a lot more working togther instead of just bashing.
p.s. love the new picture of the kids and your back ground!

Shane's Angie said...

Awesome post Lani! Kudos! We are totally on the same wavelength! (Except when it comes to "talk" radio...)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I think it is a great Change for America and hope the best for our new President and his new family!

Maddie said...

Happy Presidents Day!