Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My baby turned one!


On Saturday we celebrated Chloe's 1st birthday! I still can't believe she's already one!
She has added so much to our family I can't imagine what it would be like if she hadn't come! Here are just a few little facts about our little girl.
  • She's been walking for a couple of months now and is pretty quick to get away if she wants to.
  • She is definitely a mommas girl, but will go to her dad if she needs to.
  • She loves to hold onto people's hair for comfort.
  • Her vocabulary includes: MaMa, DaDa, BaBa, Uh-Oh, Ruf-Ruf (if you ask her what a dog says), and just recently Wha (for what I think!)
  • She loves to give kisses right smack on the mouth
  • She still doesn't sleep through the night! (Remember me in your prayers!)
  • She is VERY BUSY and gets into just about EVERYTHING!
  • She mastered the stairs the 2nd day in our new house (did I mention she's extremely smart!)
  • She still loves her binky (I'm not complaining)
  • She is a very sweet, but spunky girl and we feel so lucky to have her!


All day I was reliving the moments from one year ago. I actually started reminiscing the day before her birthday. At 8:00 Friday morning I asked the kids, "Who knows what mommy was doing exactly 1 year ago at this time?" In case some forgot, I was doing my leg lunges and jumping jacks in the doctors office trying to get my blood pressure to go up! And thank goodness it worked! Then Friday night at 9:00 I asked Jared if he remembered what we were doing a year ago at that time? Like he could forget about waiting for the call! I was at home waiting for the hospital to call already, I wasn't a very happy person. So finally on Saturday morning I told the kids, "Can you believe Chloe came to our family one year ago this morning?" I love thinking about the exact moment my babies were born! Nothing can ever quite compare to that amazing feeling.

Here's just a few pictures of my little baby girl!



7 comments:

Marlo said...

what a sweet post about Chloe! happy 1st Birthday!! She is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!! She's such a sweetheart. I've never heard her use her imense vocabulary in my presence tho. So I will have to hear her talk sometime! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Chloe!! I laughed at the jumping jacks. I remember you telling us that. lol

jenwheezer said...

How funny...I was just thinking this week that Chloe was turning 1. That sure went by fast. Time for another one!

Meinhart family said...

Chloe is sure a cutie! Wish we could have celebrated with you guys. What's this not sleeping through the night?! I feel for you!!!!!!

Keith said...

Happy Birthday Chloe. Wish we could have celebrated with you!

Maddie said...

The bottom picture is soooo adorable.