Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beauty is Pain

The girls have been begging me for months now to let them get their EARS PIERCED! (Megan has especially been wanting to for over a year now). Since I never had a rule about being a certain age before you could get it done, I told them if they didn't sass me for 30 days straight they could do it. But a few months ago I realized that a goal like that is beyond Megan, so I changed it to a mere 7 days. And lo and behold they had gotten up to 6 (I actually didn't think they'd make it!) So I decided to surprise them after school with a trip to the mall.



WARNING!!! (If you ever want to get your child's ears pierced and they are watching-- You might want to pass on Megan's video clip).

MADDIE'S BIG MOMENT. . .




Here is Madeline After: (She was VERY concerned about anything bumping her ear!)



MEGANS TRAUMATIC MOMENT. . . .




Isn't this a pitiful picture. And she was so EXCITED when I told her we'd go. She told me (this was before she had it done) that this was the best day of her life!!

But it ended well! Here they are admiring themselves in the mirror. As for my title, "Beauty is Pain", that's what I remember the woman telling me when I got my ears pierced as a little girl (although I have NO idea how old I was). I thought it was quite applicable to this outing!

11 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

This post made me laugh and cry! Meg is so funny! I will show Natalie Megan's video, but I'll ommit Megans...I've been trying to convince her for years now! (I especially loved your "does it hurt more than when mommy pinches you?" comment. I love Lani.)

Shane's Angie said...

I meant I will show Nattie Maddie's video, what's wrong with my brain these days?

Mansius Family said...

Tell the girls that they look super cute for me. A couple times Eliza has asked me why I have holes in my ears and she is always fascinate when I put earrings in. I think I'm going to be in trouble. She is only 2. I always thought that I would let them do it when they were 8. It seems like a special birthday and it would be a fun time but I don't know yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! Megan and Maddie were so brave! Those clips make my clip look even more pitiful. It will for sure never make it on the internet. I think it's funny that the girl who pierced their ears was the same girl that pierced mine, and she has beed working there the last two times i have been to claires. Talk about raking in the dough!

Jamie said...

I laughed out loud when I saw those videos. Oh, to have daughters! I love how Maddie was trying so hard not to cry, but you could tell she wanted to. And I love Megan's after picture...too funny! Thanks for sharing & letting me experience life with daughters.

Marlo said...

Maddie and meagan you are very cute with your new ear rings!! Lani I love it on the video when you asked if it hurts worse than when you pinch them... so funny, so fun to hear and see you guys on video, it makes it seem that you aren't too far away!!

Leavitt Family said...

Lani remind me to tell you the funny story about Carlie and the pierced ears(not her own) Ellissa has had hers for a while and loves them! Ellissa planned her Halloween costume last year completely on what earrings I would let her wear. She was Cleopatra and had the biggest, gaudiest earrings ever! Loved that post GNO SOON!!!!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

How cute are they? I love the earings. So grown up. I've been thinking about re-piecing my ears, but after seeing that, maybe I'll wait. The girls look great!!!

Meinhart family said...

Love it...thanks for sharing! Maybe I should have pierced Bella's ears when she was brand new?!

Anonymous said...

Lani

That was great, I really miss Megan's little faces she pulls. I thought it was funny about the pinching part too. lol

Gracie keeps asking me if she can where dangles.

Maddie said...

When I got my ears pierced I felt like I were going to explode!