This morning my dad called me to let me know that his mom, Grandma Sullivan, had passed away. I felt sad, but at the same time it's great to know she is with Grandpa now and that she isn't struggling with all her health problems. I was trying to find a picture of her to help the kids visualize her when I told them that she had passed away, but finally I realized that they are all packed away. All day my little Janie has been saying that it is so sad that grandma is gone. And I kept hoping I would be able to find a picture. Well Janie has been up late and has been sitting on my lap while I looked at every one's blogs and we found just what I had been hoping to find all day on Ang's blog, a picture of Grandma!
I feel bad that Jared and my children never met my Grandma Sullivan, but I'm grateful that that they will one day get the chance to know her.

I took the picture from Angie's blog (Ang, hopefully you don't mind).
I'm also grateful that last summer I was able to spend time reading all the incredible letters that my grandparents wrote to each other during WWII. I found out that Grandpa called Grandma "Peaches" and it wasn't too hard reading between the lines to discover just how much they loved each other. I'm so happy to know that they are together again.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you found what you were looking for! I'm so sorry about your grandma, Lan. Shane didn't know about the "Peaches" thing, I'm glad you shared that!
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful person.
Sincerely,
Keith
I'm sorry about your grandmother. It is nice to know about the plan of salvation. To know we can all see each other some day. :)
I still miss her even though I didn't get to see her. This is from Madeline.
Post a Comment