Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maddie and the Bee

Last month Madeline competed in the school spelling bee.


To get to the school spelling bee she had to first win her class spelling bee.  She also studied a lot. 
And when I say a lot, I mean a lot!

But all her hard work paid off. . . . 
She won!!


It was a pretty exciting afternoon.
I can't imagine how nervous she must have felt.
Standing up there in front of ALL the kids in the school and the panel of judges.
I was just sitting in a chair the entire time and I felt like I was about to have a heart attack!
It was pretty intense!


She was the runner-up last year and really wanted to win this year.
We were all super excited for her.


On Saturday she's off to compete in the County Spelling Bee.
The winner from that spelling bee heads off to compete in Washington DC.
Wish her luck!!!!

5 comments:

Kirstin said...

That is SO SO SO SO cool! Congratulations!

Keith said...

Incredible!!! Tell Madeline we are proud of her. I can imagine how intense that would be for both Madeline and parents--haha!

Olivia McCord said...

Wow! You must be so proud! Good luck tomorrow and make sure to include in your next blog some of the tuff (ha ha) words she has to spell.

Meg said...

Maddie did a great Job

Maddie said...

I was so happy my hard work paid off. The county spelling bee was cool too!

~Maddie