Monday, November 21, 2011

Day # 21 I Am Thankful For. . . .

THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!


I feel so fortunate to be an American.
It really is incredible to think that of all the countires in the world, I was born in the USA.
What a blessing!

The picture above was taken in May.
The flag is made up of elementary school students from our district (mostly 5th graders).
Every year they perform in "Hope of America."
It's a program that celebrates America through songs.

It's pretty amazing to be there.

Can you spot Maddie in the picture above?
No?
How about now?
I'll give you a hint: She's in red.

Still struggling?
Here it is a little bit closer.

Hmmm..... need some more help?
Five rows up, two in.

Oh good you found her.

Now you know how we felt the night of the performance.
All we knew was she was in red.
I don't know what parents did before zoom lenses and cell phones!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

I loved the Hope of America!! It was awesome and I love the songs!

~Maddie