Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day # 15 I Am Thankful For. . . .

MODERN MEDICINE

Today Megan got her tonsils and adenoids out .

And while I was in the waiting room I was thinking about how medicine has helped us this year.
From alleviating labor pain (thank heaven for epidurals!) and kidney stone pain (HELLO Morphine!), to killing cancer cells,  to numbing a mouth that just got braces, to anesthesia for surgery--
Medicine has been our friend this year.

I'm so grateful that I live Now!  And that my family and myself are recipients of  modern advances in medicine.

As for how this girl is doing?


She was nervous, but all smiles when they took her back.


Not so much smiling in the recovery room.
Isn't that a sad picture.  (She asked me to take it AND put it on here).


Purple slushies and a little TV can work wonders.



And miracles can happen with a little help from prescription medications!
Sweet dreams for our sweet girl.

No comments: