Saturday, May 29, 2010

What a Day, What a Week, What a Month!!

I have NO idea why I thought May would be a carefree month. I feel like I have been on some reality show where the idea is to film mothers running at full speed until they collapse.

But since yesterday was the last day of school I'm hoping that life calms down just a bit.
Don't get me wrong. I'm all prepared to hear:
"I'm bored, There's Nothing to Do, What! It's our summer vacation, why do we have to clean the house today!"
Yep, mentally I'm ready. (At least I'm telling myself that), but I won't deny that I'm SO glad to be taking a break from: the morning mayhem, the who sits where on the ride to school smack-down, the last minute remembering that I'm supposed to help for the class party today, the waking up of a sleeping toddler to go and pick kids up from school, the homework! . . . . I think you get my point.

Not only did the month of May bring me close to collapse, but it also means I get to do a whole lotta posts about what transpired during those weeks. It might take me all of today, it might take me a week, it might even take a month, but my goal is to post them all. So starting with this past Thursday and working my way back--here I go.

Our Janie graduated from preschool Thursday night! It was fun watching her sit up there-TRYING her very best to NOT talk. She looked so grown up. As my kids are getting older I'm starting to realize how very short my time with them is. I can't believe she will be starting Kindergarten in just a couple of months!
Janie is one smart cookie! I can't get over some of the things her little mind thinks up. She's a little on the sassy side and I'm pretty sure that her high school Drama Department is going to LOVE her!

Her graduation ceremony was very short (THANK YOU Mrs. Heather!)
They did a few little songs for the parents-here's a little sample:



the teacher handed out some very cute books she made for each child showing what they did for the year, and of course they got their diplomas.

It ended with a slide show of pictures showing the kids in the classroom playing, making their projects, and on all their many field trips. All I can say is I have one very DARLING and very photogenic child!
Congrats my Janie girl! We are so proud of all the hard work you put into school this year!

8 comments:

Marlo said...

congrats Janie!!! I know how you feel Lani... I'm also detirmined to get my blog all updated this weekend... can't wait to read all your posts!

Olivia McCord said...

You are SUPERMOM! I'm so glad you'll be staying in the ward!

Meinhart family said...

Janie is such a cutie pie! We're down to 3 days until summer break. Wish we were visiting this summer...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lani I hear you LOUD and CLEAR!!!! LOL Especially about how short a time we have with them. I can't believe that Gracie is 10 almost 11 she will be in Young Womens in just over a year. HOLY COW!!! And my sweet chubby baby Cole is going to be in Kindergarten at the end of this year. YIKES!!!

I need to re-evaluate my purpose and time with them.

Thanks for the post.... you reminded me how important the little moments are!! Love Ya!!

Jamie said...

Wow! I can almost say "ditto" to everything you said in your blog & feeling like I'm on a reality show! It's funny how we can live far apart & still have such similar things going on. Yay that summer is here & we can take a little break from the rush of school life. Hope you're having a great summer. (P.S. Are there plans for a GNO to see Eclipse? It's only a couple weeks away!)

Mckenna said...

Cute song janie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddie said...

I am so happy you gratuated from preschool and on to Kindergarten.

Kate said...

That is cute.