Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's All About the Candy, Right?

For my kids-it's all about the candy, but for me Halloween is all about the pictures.
I had so much fun taking the kids pictures his year. Mostly because of our neighbor's tree and all her fallen leaves!
I wish my Chloe's sweet disposition would have lasted so that I could have had a really good picture of all 5 together, but being content for more than 5 minutes is asking a whole lot of that girl!

She was good for her individual pictures though. Doesn't she look sweet-runny nose and all. Maybe I'll blow this picture up and put it on my refrigerator to remind me of the good times! (Can you tell it's been a LONG week with Chloe).






































Our adorable Janie girl. She was so into the knocking on doors-she didn't want to wait for anybody. She did tell me that she wasn't too sure she was a genie-"I'm not big and blue or anything like that mom! I'm more like Jasmin than the Genie." I think Aladdin had her a little confused.










































Megan, Megan, Megan. This costume WAS her! She was totally into character. A few of her poses just made my Halloween night! And in typical Megan fashion, despite my admonishing that we needed to let the little kids be first at the door- SHE was the first one there with her bag held open wide!











































I fell in love with this close-up of Mad. She's getting so much older. I couldn't find my camera, but I so wish I would have taken a picture of her after we got home. ALL her candy was categorized and laid out into organized piles on her bed. That's so our Madeline.











































Can you guess who Logan went as? He couldn't decide if he was going to be Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone, it turned out to be quite the dilemma for him, but eventually Davy won. Logan was a good sport and hit a few houses with the fam, but next year he'll be going with friends-or so I'm told.










































I think the kids LOVED this Halloween! I don't know if it was because Halloween was on Saturday, so that meant they got to dress up twice. Once for the actual trick or treating and once for the day before (Friday) for the school Halloween parade.
Or it could have been the fact that they trick or treated with their cousins.
Whatever the reason it really was a SPOOKTACULAR NIGHT!




14 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the pictures! That one of Megan just made me laugh! It is SOOO her. But CUTE pictures.

Meinhart family said...

Great pictures. Love the costumes. And oh my goodness you have lots of leaves in your yard!

Olivia McCord said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with the costumes! I love taking pictures on Halloween...but I love the candy too:)

camille said...

The costumes are great!!! Welcome back to the blogging world, stranger ;O)

Alisa said...

They all look so cute! Next year you and Jared need to dress up. Every year we say we are going to and then....ya we are crappy parents : )

Shane's Angie said...

I love your idea of taking their pictures separately in the leaves! That was brilliant. AND...the picture of Megan is pretty much the grooviest thing I've seen in a long time! LOVE IT!

All your costumes were amazing this year! Next year...I wanna see Lani and Jared all decked out! (Or at LEAST Lani!)

DOLLCASA said...

I absolutely LOVED all of the costumes. They were great and each one was so cute. I am glad you all had a fun Halloween.

Keith said...

Great pictures Lani. It looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

They look so great!! Where did you get the costumes. I love the picture of everyone. I really wish we could have been there to join in on the cousin fun.
SHARA

Jamie said...

They all looked so cute! And I love how you had each one pose for a little "photo shoot". How fun!

Marlo said...

oh man what a slacker i've been. I thought I'd already commented... but guess not. Great pictures you took of your kido's Lani! they all look awesome! hope you guys are doing great!! can't believe your baby is gonna be 2!

Maddie said...

Hey mom, you know how you said , "for my kids it's all about the candy. I think it is all about the costumes. I love all the pictures. They were ADORABLE!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Awesome pictures!!! I wish we could have seen you all that night!

Caitlin said...

Lani your kids are DARLING! I'm glad I found your blog. It's so fun to keep up. :)