A few weeks ago, after months of waiting, the big Sullivan Family Reunion had finally arrived! We spent 6 days and 5 nights at Bear Lake with my family (that is just out of Logan, UT for those who are wondering).
With 2 grandparents, 9 kids (plus 9 spouses) and 29 grand kids, we fill the entire lodge!
Actually baby #29 was born on the Tuesday of our reunion week! His mommy and daddy came up just for the day on Saturday. Here is his VERY pregnant mommy, my darling sis in law April, braving the waves and here she is with little Isaiah just 3 days later!
The first night we arrived the air was full of excitement as we waited for everyone to get there. My parents gave all the kids these tiny lanterns! They had a ton of fun just running wild with them.
Saturday morning Jared and the 3 older kids went horseback riding. I stayed home with Janie and Chloe which I didn't mind. I forgot how big horses are and how I have a slight fear of them!
They did let Janie take a little ride before the big group left. She loved it and the picture of her and Jared is one of my very favorites from this trip.
(JUST CLICK ON THE COLLAGE TO MAKE THE PICTURES BIGGER!)
After riding the horses, we headed over to the beach! This is how we spent Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday as well!
Our days at the beach consisted of playing in the sand (in Chloe's case: eating the sand), splashing around in the water, boating, riding the tube, laughing hysterically at Grandma and Grandpa riding the tube, eating, building sandcastles, collecting shells, wearing our "eye holes" (Janie's interpretation of goggles!), chatting, tossing the football around, and just HAVING A TON OF FAMILY FUN!
At night, the fun didn't stop! We spent our evenings having family baseball games, volleyball games, playing cards, making smores, having our annual family talent show, a testimony meeting, FHE, watching old home movies, and so much more!
Bear Lake is known for their Raspberry Shakes, so right before we headed home, we stopped to enjoy some. Yum!!!
It was such a fun time and one of the funnest vacations I've ever had! Can't wait until next time!







6 comments:
Wow it sounds and looks like such a fun reunion lani!!! I need to plan something like this for my family... we haven't started having our own runions yet (just extended family reunions) What great memories!! Glad you guys had such a great Vacation!
ps that is great pic of Janie and Jared with the horse!
LOVE IT!! We all had so much fun. It was one of our favorite vaca's too. Too bad we only go every other year.....countdown. Hopefully Shaner still has his boat when we go again. So many fun memories. LOL
THat looks like an ideal family reunion. So glad you had a great time!
Totally one of my favorites too! What a blast! Can't wait for next reunion! YEHEEEE!
Wow Lani that's so great. That's awesome that you did it. Isn't a 5K 13 miles?? I can't believe your mother-in-law. That's amazing! Great job!! It looks like your family had a blast at your reunion. I think we might have been there at the same time. What weekend were you there?
I love going to Bear Lake! I liked buying my stuffed deer named Patches! I love the slushes, and family! Not that much of the talent show though.
Post a Comment