The last weekend in July, Jared and I headed down to St. George to celebrate our 12th anniversary.
Thanks to my FABULOUS sisters and Jared's brother we were children free! Oh what freedom!
It was just a little weekend getaway, but we had so much fun!
Our first night there we caught the night showing of FOOTLOOSE at Tuacahn.

What a fun theater! It's outdoor and the stage is smashed right up against the huge red cliffs in St. George. We thought we were going to get rained out, but a few sprinkles didn't stop the show! We had great weather!!
The production was just awesome!
The production was just awesome!All the songs for the musical are from the Footloose soundtrack! "Let's Hear It For the Boy," "Almost Paradise," and on and on!
Jared had a hard time keeping me in my seat when they sang, "I Need a Hero!" (it's an all time fav!)
They even did the tractor race on stage. . .with real tractors!
It was SUCH A FUN night!
The next day we hit the outlet malls and then decided to head over to Zion's National Park.
When we got there we were getting ready to pay our $25 entry fee (that's a lot of money per car if you ask me), but we totally lucked out because Zion's was celebrating their 100th anniversary and everybody got in FREE for that day!!
I loved hearing all the facts about the park, but my most favorite landmark was the Weeping Rock. I couldn't believe that the water you see dripping from the rock, is water from 1,000 years ago!! The Navajo sandstone is so porous that it allows the water to travel though it over time! I STILL can't wrap my mind around that!
It was a great weekend away and I was glad to get some alone time with my hubby!

5 comments:
oh that does sound like such a wonderful weekend away!! Glad you guys got to go with no kids... we are trying to work that out for our 10 year this weekend... Love the wedding picture!! Happy 12 years guys, you are such a wonderful couple!! miss ya!
Wow, 12 years. I either want to have 2, 4,6,8,10,or 12 kids. That is a lot of kids and marriage.
Maddie you are just so cute!! just gotta keep it even huh?!
You guys are awesome--congratulations on 12 years! What a cool anniversary--thanks for sharing the pictures. Zion National Park looks really cool.
I'm so glad you got to do that! You know, I'd totally dance with you to the "I Need a Hero" song! That weeping rock things is so cool! I spent several years going there as a kid, and I don't remember hearing that! Thanks for sharing!
BTW, I love how you do those picasa collage pictures, I haven't been able to figure out how to do it...I'll be calling you one of these days!
Post a Comment