Friday, February 6, 2009

Ice Fishing with the Guys

A few weekends ago my brother Shane asked Jared and Logan if they wanted to go ice fishing with him and my dad. Of course Logan was thrilled! Jared debated for a while and decided to go and spend some quality time with his son (Jared went ice fishing with a friend from work when we were dating and didn't enjoy his experience very much!) But when they returned home from their chilly morning fishing Jared said it was nothing like last time and that he had a good time!

They didn't catch any fish, but they had a lot of fun. I'm so glad that my brothers invite Logan and Jared on their many manly adventures. It's just one of the great things we've enjoyed since moving home.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Nothin like spending a day out on a block of ice that could crack at any moment hoping to catch dinner. Boy! Sounds like fun!!! But I guess that would be why I am not a boy. I probably would've been asking the guys where I was supposed to plug my electic blanket in. Nowhere?? Seeya. :)

Marlo said...

oh look at Logan with his Davey Crocket hat on... I bet he had a such a great time, too bad they didn't catch anything. (well I would be glad, I wouldn't want to be cooking or smelling fish in my house... ha ha!)

Shane's Angie said...

Like Katherine, I'm constantly perplexed by these men's efforts. Now, if we were fishing for a diamond tennis bracelet, I'd think about it...but fish? Bleh.
Shane said it was a blast, and that sooo many funny things happened that had Logan in stitches. You might need a few reinactments from Shane, you're dad always provides good entertainment when the fish aren't biting!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Yay!! Wintertime fun!

jenwheezer said...

Wow Lani...that just looks cold!

Anonymous said...

BRRRRRR, Sometime I feel like we havn't moved to Wyoming, we haven't had snow for a couple weeks and even when we have had snow it's only stuck around for a couple days. Looks like they had a great time even for the lack of fish!!

Maddie said...

I have never been fishing, especially snow fishing! I think I never want to go fishing! EVER!