Sunday, January 4, 2009

Can you believe it's 2009!

Wow! I cannot believe 2008 is over! What a year we've had! It seemed like an uphill battle for most of the year, but all those trials helped me realize how blessed I really am! So I am looking forward to 2009 with a positive attitude and a grateful heart. We had a fun New Year's Eve. Once again we were at my moms. My brother Adam and his family decided to come for a surprise/quick visit and his good friend from Vegas who used to live with our family stopped by for a few hours, so we had a house full. I think every adult would agree with me that it was just REALLY LOUD!

Chloe was ready to ring in the new year! She finally crashed in the car on the way home, at 12:30. All my kids were wide awake and ready to celebrate when the clock struck midnight!The guys had a good game of "Hand and Foot" going. It's a Sullivan tradition on my dad's side.
The women (and some of the guys-although they're not in the picture) played Scattagories. I was so tired, but I wanted to play. I had to think of an exotic place to visit that started with an M. I couldn't think of anything, but something kept popping into my head so I wrote it down. I couldn't remember where the place was, but it sounded good in the moment. I wrote down Mancato and when I said it my sister-in-law Angie busted up laughing. She was laughing so hard, but I did make out the words, "Little House" Then it dawned on me where I heard that name, it's a town on Little House on the Prairie. But hey I was pretty darn tired! And Mancato probably was an exotic place to visit for the prairie folk!
All my kids were scattered about playing with cousins.

Happy NEW YEAR!

9 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

I will have you know, I was adamant that you receive that point for Mancato. Indeed, quite the exotic place for Ma and Pa. You made my New Years with that one Lan, you are the best...and don't you forget it!

Meinhart family said...

Sounds like you had a great New Years Eve...and by the looks of it it does seem like it would have been very loud!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I missed the cards, the scattergories, the chaos! We had fun in Nebraska. We played Apples to Apples, had a Wii Bowling tournament, and I fell asleep with Elizabeth around 10:30. The party never ends . . .

Marlo said...

Mancato... that is hillarious!! Your always so much fun Lani!! I bet your kids had so much fun!! (I know my kids love new years... me I'd rather just go to bed.. ha ha!)hey, nice hats too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, look how fun! You have such a great family. We will have to plan a visit sometime this spring/summer.

jenwheezer said...

Wow, looks like you guys did have a full house, and a fun time. I bet it makes being near the family great!

Sharlet said...

Happy New Year!
Wow! I can't believe you ran across my blog. What fun to see you guys. Crazy, but I was actually thinking of you the other day. It's good to see you are happy and doing so well. Peek in anytime.

Jamie said...

Your New Year's party looked very similar to our party. We played games (including Scattergories...and I didn't do any better than you) & ate food & rang in the new year in style.

Maddie said...

That was a FUN new year! Not that crowded, (I like my space)!