One SUPER fabulous thing about us being back by family is that my kids have access to the world's greatest piano teacher and she's also their grandma to boot! I love, love, love it that my mom is giving my kids piano lessons. She has an amazing talent for playing and writing music and it's been so neat to see her pass her love of music onto my kids.
And after only 10 lessons Logan, Madeline, and Megan performed in their first piano recital on August 22nd.
Logan was so nervous to get up and play. But when he finished he had THE BIGGEST GRIN on his face.! My mom decided that the only way to get him to stop complaining about learning to play was to give him a piano piece that he could really get into. So she gave him "Raiders March" (the theme from Indian Jones)! His song was really challenging for only having had 10 lessons, but he did pretty darn good!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
I think Maddie had her songs learned from about the 2nd week! She loves playing and needs to practice and practice until it's perfect! She was totally in her element playing in front of everybody! She had 2 songs and the one posted is "Frightful Night." She was so good with her dynamics. (And I have to say she's the one I don't pull my hair out trying to practice with!)
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Of course Megan just gets up there and does her thing. She was the 2nd or 3rd to play and just got up and did it! She had 3 songs, but she played the first 2 so quickly I didn't get them, but the one of her playing is "Macaroni Cha Cha." Her entire song she just kept looking at me! Oh my little Megan!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
7 comments:
The hills are alive...the hill in Springville that is! Way to go Norris kids! It sounds amazing!!!! Way to keep it up Lani!
How fun that your kids are learning to play the piano (what an awesome grandma) Good job to everyone... brianne is jealous, she can't wait to take lessons, hopefully soon!
ps thanks for calling on sat. and for your comments, talk to you soon!
Great job guys, my girls love piano too. They are really going to miss there piano teacher. She is really good with them. Gracie has her 2nd recital this Saturday and it will be Madeline's first.
I loved them all. My Mark would have also loved playing the theme song from Indiana Jones because he is obsessed with it (he had an Indie birthday party). He did a great job! I think Maddie has inherited your mom's knack for playing the piano...she did great & I agree that her dynamics were really good, too. And I laughed out loud when I watched Megan as she played & kept looking at you. You can tell she loves her mom & enjoys your support!
I love the smile on Logan's face. They are lucky to be getting lessons from Grandma! Definately one perk of living with them.
amazing piano players. I wish I could play like that. I never learned to play piano, but when I was on my mission I really wished I had. So keep practicing Logan, Madeline, and Megan!
At the recital I was scared. I'm glad I did it.
Post a Comment