Yes, I know I'm horrible! After all my begging to friends back in Bakersfield to start a blog so I could see what they were doing, I don't even keep up on mine. Sorry, sorry. Life has been too crazy for me these past few months!
Anyway here's the update on the Norris Fam.
Let me just start off by saying that we had a good plan in mind when we decided to come here. In fact we even had back up plans for our move out here, but it seems like all our plans for this move have died by the wayside. I told Jared, "We started with plans A, B, and C and now we're on plan X!" And I'm sure by the time everyone is reading this we'll have already made it to plan Z.
Okay, so here's what we've been up to. Jared is working for a Charter School in Lindon teaching Health. He is also taking classes at BYU to get the prerequisite classes he needs to apply to Physical Therapy School. Hopefully he can complete what he needs to apply in about a year and a half or two years and then it'll be about another 3 years at a Physical Therapy School. (It sounds longer when you actually type it all out!)
We are still at my mom and dad's. And as gracious as my parents are to us, I'm having a hard time being here. I actually miss my teeny-tiny house back home. Oh.... I won't start thinking about it! Our new game plan is to try and be out by December. (Please, keep us in your prayers!--We so need it!)
The kids are having the time of their lives. Since we're at my parents we tend to see the cousins on my side ALOT! And don't worry there not lacking from Jared's side either. He's had siblings down for the summer and his brother doesn't live too far from us so they are in Cousin Heaven! I love it that my kids are building relationships with their cousins. And I won't deny that I love hanging out with my siblings and Jared's family. We have definitely done some very fun family things this summer!! I love just talking with everybody after a Sunday dinner!
Having said all that, I have to say that I still am very homesick for Bakersfield! This has been a really hard move for me and I'm still adjusting. This summer has been a summer of trials and more trials. But I'm sure Heavenly Father has a reason for it, I just haven't got a clue what that reason could be! I REALLY MISS all you guys and hopefully I'll do a better job of communicating with you!!
Chloe is walking along the furniture and will even stand alone for a few seconds, I'm thinking she'll follow in Janie's footsteps and be walking at 9 months. She's such a good baby despite the fact she'll eat anything off the floor. You have to be pretty quick around her. Janie just loves being here. She loves to play with all the cousins. Everyday she asks me who is coming over and if I tell her no one today, she'll start crying. The kids start school on Wednesday. I'm a little nervous for them because it's at a new school- I just hope they have a good first day!
Here are just a few pictures in case you forgot what we all look like. Maybe I'll do a slide show of everything we did this summer. And I had to add these two really short video clips of Janie going down my parent's water slide. It still cracks me up!



I promise that no child was hurt during the filming of these two short video clips.
These were not the only two times she flew off that thing. I lost count at how many times she repeated those scenes!!
10 comments:
I know I've seen way more of you since you've been home, but I've sure missed you online! Thanks for coming on Saturday, we had a blast! I'm excited for Thursday...I bet you can't wait to see what pictures I dig out for your post...it'll be great! And, just so you know, I think plan Z will end up being the best plan...great things are in store! By the way, one of the members of the board at Jared's school is in my ward and she said she was sooo impressed with Jared and she'll do anything she can to keep him there! "He's exactly what we need!" were her words. We'll get you in a fabulous, big house by Christmas, I just know it! I can't wait to see the blessings the Lord has for you, you've been so wonderful, you deserve all the best!
Lani, I'm so thrilled to read your update... well not thrilled at what you are going through... but just so glad to hear from you!! Everyone here has been thinking about you guys and hoping for the best!! we gotta talk... miss you a ton!!
oh and I love the 4th of July picture of the family, and the video aof Janie is so funny, Kyler and Kaden just want to watch it over and over again! the kids have really missed your kids and I know the doll kids have too! Glad they've got to play with their cousins so much!!
Lani, It was so good to read your blog. I have been thinking about you tons. I know things will work out for the best. David and Machella have sure missed your kids this summer. I am looking forward to seeing more of your blog. I hope your kids have a great first day of school on Wednesday. Let me know your new email when you can.
O.K., so I tried to comment before, and it didn't work. So, here is my second attempt! I am so glad you updated your blog. I know how wonderful it is to live next to family, but how hard it is to live with them! It is funny how Bakersfield grows on the people who live here! Let me know your new email address.
Lani
I commented earlier too, so here is my 2nd try. That was weird, anyhow it's great to see your update and so funny to watch Janie fly off the slide. You need to send it in to FHV. Talk to you soon
Lani, I tried to e-mail you for an update but you must not have that e-mail anymore. I haven't heard news about you guys since scrapbooking! I'm glad Jared found a job, and yeah, like you said in my blog, we can totally relate to living in a relatives basement. I do have to say that you guys have it harder. In my sister's basement, we had a make-shift kitchen, so we could maintain separate households. That made sharing a house so much easier. I also did the physical therapy classes, but didn't go on to the Masters Program because I started my family. Maybe Jared will get accepted to Idaho State and we'll get you guys up here yet!
So here's one more comment from me... Hope you have a fabulous birthday today Lani!! Wow and the kids went back to school, what a great day to have a birthday!! hope to talk to you soon!!
I love all of those picture! And, was that the fourth of July?
Post a Comment