Hi Everybody! I've finally returned to the world of blogging! We made it to the great state of Utah last Wednesday and I have to say that I NEVER want to experience moving again. (Unfortunately I'm going to have to experience it on a smaller scale in a few short weeks when we leave my parents house, but after that-- NEVER again!!)
So just for the quick recap. On June 1st we had our last Sunday in Bakersfield. And yes I cried through all of church! It was so hard to leave all of our friends back there, (all of you were (and still are) are family away from family and I'm missing you!) That night we had dinner at our favorite neighbors house, thanks Doll Family! Monday was pretty much a blur of taking our van in to get fixed, getting the moving truck, loading the moving truck (THANK YOU to everybody who helped!), cleaning the house (sorry Sam, I know it could have been cleaner) and trying to fix all the last minute stuff. Tuesday came and we were planning on heading out after the carpets had been cleaned, but our van had other plans! So we just enjoyed hanging out on our front lawn for the last time until it was finally fixed around 2:30 and then we headed off. And excited as I was to get home I cried the whole ride along Highway 58!
We stopped in St. George for the night and finally arrived in Springville in the late afternoon, All the kids traveled so good, especially Chloe! She is such a good little baby.
But even after packing up my house, loading the truck, putting it all in storage here, I still feel like I'm just on my regular summer visit and that we haven't moved. I'm sure it will hit me when we get into a house!
So we've been here for a week and it has been jammed-packed with fun family stuff. We've had Meg's 7th Birthday, a nephew's baptism, a family Sunday dinner, the girls had a sleepover, and so much in between! It is so fun to be around family again!
I know this was all jumbled and I kind of rambled on, but I just wanted to post something! And sorry there aren't any pictures, but our computer is not hooked up yet and I can't download pictures from my camera onto my dad's computer. But I'll figure out something!
And sorry I haven't commented on anyone's blog I WILL BE CHECKING THEM OUT VERY SOON, so keep all your posts coming!
9 comments:
I'm glad to hear you made it safe. I was asking around to see if anyone had heard how the move was. I do miss you though. I actually picked up the phone to call and ask you a question. Yes, I will realize that you aren't in Ca anymore soon!
I know everyone here has been waiting for an update... sounds like it's been a very fun week back in Utah. we already miss you guys a lot, but look forward to seeing you all in a couple weeks.
Yay! You're back! And I can totally relate to the moving thing. Since I just moved nine months ago the ordeal is still fresh in my memory. I don't envy anyone who has to move...especially if they have kids. For some reason once you have kids your "stuff" quadruples (or more). I'm glad you made it safely, though! And, we still have four houses for sale in my neighborhood. When you're ready to look for a place you could consider coming out this way...;) And we are dying for a girls night out! Maybe next week...Ang should be calling you soon.
Hey guys!! Good to hear you made it. We figured you had because of Angie's posts. Marlo told me she had posted your arrival. It's hard to leave friends behind but it's great to be by family also.
I need to call you for your mom's address.
What can I say? You know how excited our little clan is about having your little clan home again! (I'm still praying you'll find a house in Orem...) So, you game for GNO or what?
I've been waiting for you to update your blog. Blogs are my source for news on the Sullivan side. We're glad that you are closer, although not quite in Idaho (alright, I'll lay off the Idaho stuff). Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks
Hi Lani! I loved reading your new update! Glad you guys are having so much fun. I lost your email address (thought I saved it in my computer but apparently not) so email me again and I will save it. Funny story, I was hooking the sprinkler up to the water hose out front to water part of the lawn cause it is really dry (a sprinkler is broken, don't know if you knew but we are fixing it, easy to do, no biggie). Anyway, so guess what I found behind the bush in the flower bed!!!! An EASTER EGG! Yep, yellow plastic egg with nerds candy in it! I thought that was so funny. Guess the kids didn't find all of them huh! When we used real eggs when I was a kid my parents kept track of how many there were so we wouldn't find any later (real eggs are NOT PRETTY LATER!). Thank goodness for plastic eggs! Anyway, thought that was funny. Tell your kids they missed out on some nerds! :) Talk to ya soon. Keep having tons of fun! Sam
I'm glad you made it. I am looking forward to seeing you guys at all the family fun.
I know you won't forget your blog! Even right now1 But, your busy! But, please HURRY PLEASE!
Post a Comment