Monday, May 19, 2008

A Little Bonding Time!

This weekend was the Father and Son camp out for our ward! Jared and Logan headed out about 4:00 on Friday afternoon (I'll talk more about them at the end), but as soon as they headed out of the driveway Megan wanted to know when the girls fun would begin!! And I do have to say, we definitely had a fun-filled weekend! Sorry I have no pictures of us girls, but Jared had my camera!

Right after Daddy and Logan headed out to the woods, we headed out to the store for a few snacks and new nail-polish colors! Then we got some take-out and headed back home to eat and get ready for our movie night. We watched High School Musical, danced and sang, painted our fingers and toes, made some smores (this has apparently become the girls tradition during the Father and Son outing!) and finally hit the sack (all in moms bed!)

Saturday morning my wonderful friend (and favorite neighbor) Amy took us out to Denny's for breakfast! It was an all-girl affair with Amy, myself, my 4 girls, and Amy's two girls Machella and Elyssa. We came home and cleaned (not the funnest, but it has to be done)!
At lunch time we took off to the Bramwell's house where another fabulous friend, Marlo had invited us over for pizza. Her daughter Brianne and my girls had hit their girl weekend high and kept acting silly!! But in between all the silliness, Marlo and I still had a good talk!
We ended the day with a shopping spree at Kohls and then came home to find Daddy and Logan there!


Now to Jared and Logan's adventure! Everyone knows that Logan lives for camping and anything related to it, so of course they had a blast!! They camped at Holey Meadow (Jared's not here to ask, but I think that's in the Sierra's?) That morning they participated in a 3 legged race, a tug of war, a potato sack race, and an obstacle course, during which Logan fell into the "swamp" and had to change all his clothes! If you look closely at his picture by the sign, his face still shows remnants of his mud soaked fall!





After all the fun activities the Ward had planned, Jared and Logan took off on a little hike through the "Trail of 100 Giants"! I'm sure Logan was in heaven and enjoyed every moment of being out in the great outdoors!


So there's the recap of all that we did this weekend. And now I'm off to start packing some more! We get the truck 2 weeks from today! Wow!!

9 comments:

jenwheezer said...

Sounds like everyone had fun! Those mountains look so refreshing after such a hot weekend! Two weeks....I'm sad.

Shane's Angie said...

Yay for girls night out party! Yay for Father/Son outings! Yay for two weeks 'til the Norris' get here! I feel sorry for all you friends and neighbors in California, but it's high time she returned to Utah and her HUGE family who love her!!!!

Samantha said...

How fun! I think your weekend may have even been more fun that the boys'! :) Too cute. Those are memories that will stick with your kids forever! You are such a good mom!! I really am going to miss you!

Leavitt Family said...

Can't wait for our GNO...but without our kids YAY!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend. When my boys go to father & sons I get the house to myself, but a night full of girl-filled adventures sounds like tons of fun! About the prayer comment on my blog...I laughed so hard because that sound similar to other prayers my kids give. So cute!

Mansius Family said...

Sounds like EVERYONE had fun! I know my husband really wanted to take Joshua on that camp out but he works on Saturdays so he could not go. Maybe next year. I'm sad that you are leaving in two weeks. It seemed like you were going to be here longer!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

You are a way cool mom to have such a fun girls weekend. I'm sure the girls were in heaven. Camping look great too. I hope your not going to miss all the green of California when you get here. It looks beautiful.

Marlo said...

at scouts on Tues. Logan and Davey kept talking about how much fun they had at the Father's and son's outing. I'm glad we could get together with our girls. it's always great to talk with you!

Anonymous said...

Logan that looked really fun! I really want to know what parent won and what child won the race. We had fun too. This is from Madeline.