Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Derby Time!

Yes, I know I have been blog slacking, but life seems to have been just a bit busier at the Norris home these past few weeks! So I'll try to do better!

Most of our time (especially Jared's) this past week was spent on Logan's pinewood derby car. Last year wasn't such a success for Logan. He built a canoe affectionately called, "The Crockett." Unfortunately "The Crockett" never could get across the finish line. It wasn't good times for us last year at the derby.

This year we were determined to have a car that would at least cross over the finish line. So after a lot of hard work by dad and several silent prayers from mom mostly consisting of, "Please, he doesn't have to have a fast car, just let it cross the finish line!" and "I know I said I hated the pinewood derby & I'm sorry, but please don't let his car just stop right before the finish line!"... We are happy to report that the little car that Jared hand cut and Logan sanded (A LOT), "The Blue American," won every race, but one!








I was so excited that my Loag had something to cheer about! He was bouncing around (more than usual) and you couldn't wipe his grin off for anything! So while I still have some unkind feelings towards the pinewood derby, I'm not quite as cynical as I once was.

8 comments:

Keith said...

You crack me up Lani! I'm glad you all had a good derby run. Tell Logan I'm impressed that he won every race except one!

Meinhart family said...

Congrats to Logan! Our ward used half of the Primary's budget to buy a pinewood derby track even though this years budget was way less than last years...priorities!

jenwheezer said...

I'm glad that track that Steve put together worked so well for Logan! It only took our whole family two hours to put it together.

Shane's Angie said...

Way to go Loag! I'm so glad it turned out to be a rewarding evening. Lani, congrats on enduring the derby. I understand completely. We have to make a "simple machine" for Natalie, and I'm not looking forward to that...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lani,

YEA for Logan and Jared!! I know exactly how it feels being a mom watching the Pinewood Derby. You keep telling yourself and your son that it's all about having fun and it doesn't matter who wins or loses but it's alot of fun when they win!

Angie H.

Anonymous said...

Good job Loag! I'm sorry that I said David's car was better than your car Loag. This is from Madeline.

Marlo said...

how did I miss this blog entry... Yes it was definitly logan's night. I'm glad the boys had fun, just wish they all would have been there to race! Great Job Logan and Jared!

Jamie said...

Way to go, Logan! It sounds like they worked the kinks out from last year and made some good improvements. It's always fun when they come home winners!